This course will cover modern relevant techniques for exploiting and bypassing secuirty on modern automotive ECUs. The course will detail several exploits that have been utilized in the wild to bypass the security on several modern vehicles.
- JTAG, OBD and automotive debug interfaces
- Memory maps for automotive Processors/ECUs
- Ghidra anlaysis of boot/UDS stack
- Tricore CPU architectures and ISM
- PPC CPU architectures and ISM
- Simos 18 and Bosch MEDC17 bench setup and analysis for boot mode
- Tricore Bootstrap Loader protocol
- OBD Flashing of unisgned binaries
- ECU debugging tools to setup a lab
All materials will be provided remotely during the live course. Having a PC capable of running virtual machines is recommended, but not absolutely required.